Join the Summer Program on Architecture, Land Development & Real Estate
The main goal of the Summer Program on Architecture is to cover a wide range of profession related subjects normally not studied at schools of architecture; something that will be very helpful to the students in the real world.
Architecture, Land Development, Real Estate
Initially, young architects’ work goes on under the leadership of senior architects. As junior architects progress in their careers, they become the leaders on various projects themselves. The ECCE School, in general, is oriented towards preparing students for future careers in various fields and on becoming the leaders within their profession. The unique ECCE Architecture program of lectures is designed on that basis. The three parts of the curriculum: the lectures, the internship program, and the design assignment will give students more confidence and much better understanding of the business world of architecture, planning, real estate, land development, and construction.
What is our approach?
Here is how ECCE Summer Program works.
General Structure of the Program
Part I - Lectures (3 weeks, July 9 to July 27)
The lectures are undertaken over a period of 3 weeks.
The morning lectures taught in classrooms will concentrate on career-oriented subjects like cooperation between architects, land developers and real estate consultants, the architectural design of commercial buildings from a commercial point of view, working with clients and with authorities, planning and management of cities’ growth, heritage protection. We will touch on knowhow of land development process and discuss how various markets’ trends (e.g. hotels, retail, office, residential) impact on design and development process; we will teach the skills for students to become team leaders in that process.
In the afternoon students will be using the city as the classroom. They will be studying specific historical and contemporary buildings and neighborhoods in Prague, as well as in Berlin, Vienna, and Brno during excursions, in such ways as to support and complement the commercially and business-oriented curriculum of the ECCE School. We will also look into the business and development aspects of the process during various historical periods, which are well represented in Prague. The idea is to teach and learn how historical and recent projects and city planning process influence current thinking and trends. The afternoon program, just like the morning one, is specifically designed and structured to advance students’ career options.
Three one-day excursions on three respective Saturdays, related to the curriculum, include visits to Vienna, Berlin, and Brno in the Czech Republic. They are all included in the program.
The courses will be taught by leading local and international architects and planners, professionals from land development and real estate firms, and by leading architectural historians.
Part II - Internships (3 - 4 weeks, July 30 to August 17 or 24)
After the three weeks of lectures, the students will take part in Internships with prominent local and international architectural and development firms based in Prague or possibly in other surrounding countries. The students will have an opportunity to apply and further advance knowledge gained during the lecture stage. More details about Internships below in the text.
Part III – Design Assignment (6 weeks, July 10 to August 17)
In addition, there will be a simple design assignment related to the content of the curriculum, for students to work on over the duration of the program. It will be assigned on the first day of lectures. Some of the architects, developers, and professors which make up our Lecturers list will be involved in design workshops and in evaluations of students’ work.
ECCE internship programs offer much needed and a unique job experience with some of the best architecture and development companies in Prague and abroad:
• The 3 - 4-week internship (students’ choice if 3 or 4 weeks) at a local architecture or real estate development company chosen specifically for each student (1-2 students per company)
• Students can choose between a 3 week or 4 week period for the Internship, depending on their travel plans
• Internships are always under close watch and guidance of senior company representatives, who attend to students and coaches them further. Office-based work related to the practice of architecture such as research, working with various software programs, attending meetings, visiting construction sites, etc.
• Tailored to each individual student
• Our partners range from large international companies with a broad scope to smaller but focused local practices. For architecture internship program we have partners like Jestico+ Whiles Architecture, Urbanlogic Ltd., Chapman Taylor Architects, Aukett Swanke, Ian Bryan Architects, D.A.M. architekti, GeddesKanka Architects, AED Project and more.
ECCE also offers its students varied and interesting entertainment options while in Prague:
• ECCE staff arrange various team-building events for students throughout the period of lectures and internships
• We encourage students to participate in local culture and immerse in the local lifestyle
• We arrange a number of social events including Prague sightseeing tours. ECCE students are also able to visit galleries and museums and attend concerts, theatre, opera and other significant cultural events.
• We can also arrange trips around the Czech Republic and other European countries to destinations such as Český Krumlov, Karlovy Vary, Vienna, Berlin, and Dresden.
Graduation & Certificates
• The ECCE Certificate of Graduation is recognized worldwide
• Following the completion of lectures, ECCE management holds an informal certificate awarding ceremony
• Certificates of ECCE graduation are issued under the auspices of ECCE partner companies granting certificates of internships
1 350 € Early registration fee until 31 March
Deze school biedt programma's in:
Laatst bijgewerkt op January 24, 2018